Want to Join Our Family
The Orillia Fairgrounds Farmers’ Market (OFFM) is open year round. If your product is sufficiently unique to what is already found on the market, considered to be of demand, and grown or made by you, we’d love you to be part of our family! Contact our Market Manager, Sophia, by submitting the on-line form on this page.
- OFFM is a “Certified” Farmers’ Market
- The OFFM outdoor “Summer Season” is from May to October on Saturdays from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. The Market goes indoors from November to April.
- We will offer Saturday Christmas Markets in November and December.
- We accept vendors who ”Make it, Bake it or Grow it”.
- Vendors can keep their vehicles or trucks at their stall locations in the Summer Market. Specific sites may need to be allocated to vendors with additional trailers and may not have electricity available.
- Electricity and water is available at a limited number of stalls.
- Did you know that you can bring your dog?
NOTE: There are no tables, chairs or tents for rental. ALL TENTS MUST HAVE WEIGHTS AND/OR STAKES.Q: Why is there a limit to non-producer seasonal leaseholders and what’s the big deal about a “certified” market?
A: In order to qualify as a “certified” Farmers’ Market, 50% + 1 of the market vendors must be producers. A producer is someone who grows or produces food. Examples are growers of fruits and/or vegetables, fresh herbs, producers of meat, honey, maple syrup or preserves or pies made from food grown by the vendor. As the season progresses and more farmers/producers apply to the market, the availability and opportunity for non-producers will increase as well.
A “Certified” Farmers’ Market has different health regulations applied to it than one that is not. Presently, if a market has been certified (which ours is), an approved vendor does not have to use a commercial kitchen.
Q: What about Community and Charitable organizations?
A: We are interested in accepting applications from community and charitable organizations who would like to expand their outreach opportunities. Please submit this online form if you wish to be added to the waiting list and/or considered for special events.
Welcome to Orillia’s Most Unique Farmers’ Market Venue
OFFM is a special place where city meets country. We enjoy discerning customers who seek out quality products which are made, baked, grown or produced by local farmers, artisans and entrepreneurs.
As well, our partnership with the Orillia District Agricultural Society (ODAS) strengthens our commitment to agro-focused communities around Simcoe County. The Orillia Fairgrounds Farmers’ Market is always looking for unique products to add to the vendor mix enabling us to enhance our customers’ shopping experience.